Translational cell biologist
Peace of Meat is changing the way meat is produced and consumed for the benefit of a sustainable environment, enhanced human health and improved animal welfare.
In order to advance the production of our cultured meat products, we are working closely with universities as well as commercial partners across Europe.
We are expanding our team in Germany and Belgium and seek to hire a passionate translational cell biologist to help advance bioengineering innovation from the basic lab bench to the applied pilot plant.
• Design and execute innovative cell-based manipulations within a foodtech applicative context and mindset
• Cell/tissue culture techniques including isolation of stem cells and establishing of cell lines, proliferation and differentiation
• Design and validate cellular and molecular quality control markers and pilot scale-up parameters towards cultured meat production
• Define project charts, budget estimates and timelines as well as frequent reporting on intermediate situations and needed corrections
• Design and implement guidelines and standards regarding lab protocols and reports, equipment use and maintenance, GLP and GMP rules in a foodtech regulatory environment
About the candidate:
• Master’s degree or PhD in human or animal cell biology and/or cell-based bioengineering as a base
• Ideally previous experience in conducting translational cell-based experiments and product-driven cell biology with attention to media and process optimization, bioreactors and bioprinters technologies, efficiency and cost considerations in a pre-industrial/ start-up environment
• Previous experience with avian or mammalian hepatocytes and adipocytes is a plus
• Objective-oriented and self-directed problem solver with a marked ability to promote the exchange of ideas and the interaction with colleagues working upstream and downstream
• Willing to travel 10-20% of the time to visit various research partners
What we offer:
• Competitive remuneration including stock option ownership plan
• Opportunity to join one of the most promising cultured meat players as an early employee and write history
• Collaborative work environment with the opportunity to co-work with research and commercial partners
• Job location: Flanders, Belgium
To learn more about the position and apply, please contact:
© 2020 Peace of Meat